Speleo Room in Luzec Castle
Speleo Room in Luzec Castle Spa & Wellness Resort ****
Speleo Room is a room whose walls and ceiling are lined with tiles of natural ecologically pure fossil potassium salt from the Siberian Verkhnekamsk Mine. Due to the natural evaporation of salts, the indoor air reproduces almost all microclimatic properties of the potash mine.
Unlike a common salt room, whose main chemical is sodium chloride (NaCl - 98%), the salt of the Verkhnekamsk reservoir forms more complex minerals: halite 62% - fossil salt or sodium chloride (NaCl), sylvine 32% - potassium chloride (KCl) and 3% carnallite-potassium chloride and magnesium (KCl*MgCl2*6H2O). These substances with natural salt evaporation form a complex multi-component salt aerosol composition.
The Verkhnekam deposit of potassium and magnesium salts is located in Siberia, Russia's Perm region. It has been opened since 1934. The multi-colored patterns covering the walls of the mines are parts of the mineral layers.
Because salt deposits are the bottom of the Silurian Sea, their color is of organic origin and are associated with the presence of residues of many ancient microorganisms such as algae, various protozoys and plant spores.
Most often, mineral deposits are colored red and yellow. Much less common colors are blue, white and black. In colorless deposits that occur very rarely potassium predominates and contain no other substances.
The minerals in the Speleo Room at Lužec Castle Spa & Wellness Resort are mainly gray, dark brown to almost black, due to the high magnesium content.
In Verkhnekamskoye, industrial production of mineral of this chemical composition was stopped in 2012. After that, only mineral extraction was carried out, mainly for decorative purposes.
In 2015, a group of Siberian businessmen developed a project to create a sanatorium in the mine and conducted a study on the therapeutic potential of the minerals. But in 2016 the mine was partially flooded. Currently, the mine is closed without further mineral extraction.
The healing effect of the Speleo room is based on several factors.
As a result of natural evaporation and a separate air ventilation system, a multi-component finely dispersed aerosol of sodium chloride (NaCl), potassium chloride (KCl) and magnesium chloride (MgCl2) is formed at a high concentration of approximately 5,000 units per liter of inhaled air. The linear dimensions of most particles, about 80%, do not exceed 5 microns, easily penetrate bronchioles into the blood and are rapidly absorbed.
The most important factor is the almost complete absence of allergens in the air, including those of microbial origin, as well as the extremely low number of microorganisms and almost sterile air. Depending on the season, the total microbial number in a cubic meter of air is 130-700 in speleological rooms, while the air of medical facilities is considered to be sterile with a 600 m3 indicator, and clean in the living quarters if the indicator is below 1500 per cubic meter.
In the air of a speleo room, there is an increased content of negatively charged aeroions - 760–960 per cm3 compared to normal air due to salt evaporation, and usually contains 115–160 aeroions in atmospheric air. Increased content of negatively charged particles accelerates metabolic processes in the body, activating immune mechanisms.
Negatively charged NaCl particles that enter the human respiratory organs irritate the nerve endings in the lungs to stimulate airway epithelial activity, improve their blood supply, activate natural lung cleansing, and also partially penetrate the lung alveoli walls into the blood. Due to the saturation of blood with ions from the bronchopulmonary system, toxins, allergens, pathogenic bacteria and viruses are secreted.
Detailed clinical observations have shown that saline aerosol stimulates respiratory protective mechanisms, has a mucolytic, bronchodrainage effect, has an anti-inflammatory and immunomodulatory effect, and increases the mucosal resistance to infection.
Therapeutic effect of Speleo room
Luzec Castle SPA & Wellnes Resort offers our guests opportunities for active and quality relaxation and we do not specialize in medical services. If you plan to use our Speleo room for medical purposes, we recommend that you seek the advice of your doctor and familiarize our Spa staff with this recommendation. We also know that a long course of 2 to 4 weeks is required to achieve a therapeutic effect.
The following persons are not recommended to attend this procedure:
- exacerbating chronic diseases with an active stage of osmotic demyelinating syndrome, influenza, bronchitis, etc.;
- due to limited space, people with mental disorders, in the presence of different types of phobias, especially claustrophobia;
Without prior medical recommendation:
- pregnant women, nursing mothers and children
- people with heart complications and high blood pressure
Rules for visiting Speleo room
- This is a “dry procedure”. To maintain the correct humidity in the room, it is not allowed to visit the speleo room after visiting the pool, in wet clothes, with wet bath accessories, with towels or sheets, etc.
- Entry only in slippers, home shoes and light dressed. It is not allowed to enter in outdoor shoes, outdoor clothing, bathrobes or sweaters.
- It is not allowed to eat and drink during a session in a Speleo room.
- The session length for an adult is 40 minutes.
- Be silent during the session.
- It is not recommended to listen to your own music, as the music for the session is selected specifically.
- Children under 13 are admitted to the procedure only if accompanied by an adult. The recommended session duration for children under 13 is 20 minutes.
- During the session, salt particles cause irritation of the nerve endings in the lungs, and sore throat and cough may occur.
- Chlorides in the air can cause increased cardiac and cardiovascular activity.